2008 - present
Website and Publications Officer Muswellbrook Shire Council - Muswellbrook NSW
- Commenced within the IT Department, then became founding member of the Executive Services Team assisting with the creation and maintenance of various websites and print campaigns.
- Set up and build websites using Joomla or Wordpress CMS
- Scripting in HTML, CSS, MySQL, PHP
- Implement, maintain and monitor social media pages and email campaigns.
- Photography for advertising campaigns and media releases.
- Co-ordinate, contribute and maintain large photography library.
- Providing advice to other Council departments of media and event planning.
- Assist other Council departments in development, design and production of campaigns, which often included posters, newspaper and magazine advertisements, invitations, emails and social media.
- Plan, design and coordinate mail distribution of quarterly newsletters.
- Work with Council executives to create corporate documents to a high standard.
- Temp Information Services Manager for team of five IT and administrative professionals in 2015.
Teachers Credit Union - Homebush NSW
- Worked with in-house marketing team as a graphic designer on promotional and educational material, and corporate documents such as annual reports for print and web.
- Develop and maintain corporate branding.
- Worked with large design team and external website development firm to rebuild extensive website.
- Produced regular magazines for junior savers, teachers and senior audiences.
Nouveau Productions - Surry Hills NSW
Snr Graphic Designer of a small team in a boutique design and photography agency.
- Post production of photographs.
- Design for large-format printing for retail spaces.
- Design and implement virtual tour web pages for real estate property sales.
- Digital print, and large format print production for small print-runs.
- Liaise with clients to ensure best outcome for their print and design needs.
Outsource Australia - Sydney CBD NSW
In-house Graphic Designer assisting executive team to deliver tender responses of a high visual standard, developing and maintaining websites and intranets. Logo designs for in-house products and services.
Mercury Creative - Pymble NSW
As a Senior Designer in a small team I was responsible for the design and production of retail catalogues, point of sale press ads, websites and large-format design for exhibitions and events.
I developed a good working relationship with my clients. Two of whom I gained for Mercury Creative.
Being a Senior Designer I was responsible for managing the workflow and the employment and training of a Junior Graphic Designer.
CentaTech - Pymble NSW
As CentreTech’s in-house Designer and Print Production Manager I was responsible for design and print production of this software/multimedia company and its sister company, an international business college (ABTI).
As a member of the Multimedia Department I assisted and advised in the design of interactive training CD-ROMS, upkeep and development of web sites, design and production of college handbooks, newsletters and stationery. All printing was managed in-house on a large production digital printer that I maintained with regular colour calibrating, general maintenance and upkeep of consumables.
- 2016: Videomaking 101: Shoot, Edit, Publish workshop at AFTRS
- 2015: Cert IV Frontline Management
- 2011: Diploma in Web Content: Core Skills
- 2010: Workshop by Australian Copyright Council: Websites & Copyright
- 1997: Diploma in Graphic Design
- Advanced user of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver
- Photography and post production
- Editing copy writing for online audience and SEO
- Google Business tools including Locations, Maps and Analytics
- Joomla and Wordpress CMS
- MS Office advanced user
- Experience with Adobe Premiere
- Video production - early stages, looking for opportunities